Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

No one hurt in early morning fire

No one was hurt in an early morning fire in Cameron.

Cameron Police and Cameron Volunteer Fire Department responded just before 9 a.m. Tuesday morning to reports of a trailer house on fire on East 3rd Street in Cameron.

Police Chief Lonnie Gosch said he and his officers were first on scene and broke down a door, rescuing a cat from the home. No one else was inside.

Fire crews confronted thick black smoke and made entry to put out the fire.

Fire Chief Henry Horelica said a wall in the kitchen was torched, but the home was otherwise saved. The owner is displaced however.

Investigators believe a coffee pot in the kitchen shorted out the outlet there, which sparked a fire that ignited the cabinets and the wall.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the occupants.


The Cameron Herald

The Cameron Herald
P.O. Box 1230
Cameron, Texas 76520

Phone: 254-697-6671
Fax: 254-697-4902