Fireworks still on for July 4th
Milam County residents will still have the chance to enjoy fireworks this July 4th holiday.
The Cameron Chamber of Commerce and Cameorn Mayor Bill Harris have announced the fireworks only celebration of will continue as scheduled this July 4 in downtown Cameron.
Chamber Director Melanie Reed said the Chamber along with Harris and Milam County Judge Steve Young have agreed the event can go on to give some hope, pop and sparkle to the community.
Reed said the event will be drive-in only.
“We are encouraging everyone to find a location within the city to view the fireworks and not gather in groups, stay in your vehicle and within your family unit,” Reed said. “Please follow all guidelines. We encourage everyone to be kind and respectful of others. Please keep in line with social and physical distancing. Please stay in your vehicle if you are unable to view from your neighborhood or yard.”
Fireworks will launch at dusk between 8:45 and 9 p.m. from the Oak Hill Cemetery parking lot in downtown Cameron.
Drive-In Fireworks Additional Guidelines:
• Drive-In Fireworks - Please stay in your vehicle
• Please locate a parking space or vacant parking lot to park, stay in vehicle and practice all Social/Physical Distancing Guidelines
• When parked please stay in your vehicle and please leave a parking space between you and the vehicle on each side.
• Please do not park side by side, this is for our communities health and safety.
• Wearing Masks is an option, but encouraged.
• Please Protect your Family - Keep your family within your group.
• Stay in your own space.
• If possible, Cameron Residents find a location within your neighborhood or city to view the Fireworks.