COVID UPDATE: County records eighth death
An eighth death due to COVID-19 has been reported in Milam County.
Milam County Judge Steve Young reported the death on Friday night.
"I am sad to report another COVID death in Milam County," Young said. "The person was over 70 years of age with no significant underlying conditions, was hospitalized and on a ventilator. This makes eight deaths in the county since the pandemic started."
Young said that on Friday the county saw two new PCR cases and three discharged PCR cases. There were also four new probable cases and three probable cases were discharged from the active list.
Milam County Cases:
- Confirmed PCR Cases 547 up 2
- Confirmed active PCR Cases 6 down 1
- Confirmed probable (antigen) cases 107 – up 4
- Confirmed active probable cases 11 – up 1
- Total confirmed cases in Milam County 17 – up 1
- Monitored individuals 134 – up 32
- Hospitalizations 2 – down 1 (one individual on a ventilator
- Deaths 8 – up 1